Saturday, October 8, 2011

Woo-Hoo! Yee-Haw!

Yippee!  I'm excited...ya wanna know why?  Because I'm getting a new wild mustang to train, that's why!  I don't know yet if it will be a mare or a gelding, but it will be a horse with a sturdy, stocky build and will probably be from the Stinkingwater Herd of Oregon.  The best part is that I already have an adopter lined up, a wonderful gentleman named Dave, who is a pastor of a church in Tacoma.  Dave is a long-time horseman who has been without a horse for the last year or so.  He has always wanted a mustang, and he contacted me when he saw Capri advertised on Dreamhorse.com.  The day he emailed me was the same day that Capri went to her knew home, and Dave was disappointed.  I assured him that there were plenty more beautiful wild horses where Capri came from, and I would be happy to gentle and train one for him.  The ball started rolling, and here we are, anticipating delivery of a fresh wild mustang in just a couple of days.  Feel free to be excited along with me and Dave.  The journey is going to be a fun one, and we'd love to have you along for the ride.

4 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed following your blog. I look fwd to the day when I can have a horse again! And I think getting a mustang started by a TIP trainer is 100% the way to go! I plan to follow your blog for as long as it takes! maybe someday I can be in the same shoes as Dave!!!
    keep up the good work for these amazing horses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, carousel66! I look forward to working with you someday soon. What type of riding do you do, and where are you located?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tricia,
    as a kid I rode hunter jumpers, this time around 25 yrs later! I hope to have just a fun horse, a horse to go trail riding, and have fun with. I'm several years down the road but someday! it is going to happen, I live in NW Oregon (Wodoburn) but a friend of mine in CA has a blm Gelding and my first experience with these amazing horses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People who ride hunter jumpers have all of my respect... I like to keep my horse's feet on the ground! If you're ever in the Arlington, WA area, you're welcome to stop by for a visit. A trail ride could be scheduled too!

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment?