Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dreams Do Come True

Belle met her soon-to-be adopter today.  Pastor Dave lives more than two hours from me, but such a short amount of time was nothing compared to the wait that he has endured for his dream of owning a mustang to come true.  Dave is a life-long horseman who rode in a drill team for many years.  He also enjoys getting out in the back-country on horseback, and after giving his last horse to a 4-H family, he decided this year to pursue his mustang dream. 
 Dave was searching Dreamhorse.com this September when he spotted the ad I had posted for Capri.  He immediately fell for her, and contacted me for more information.  As luck would have it, Capri had just become unavailable that day.  I felt bad for Dave, so I pointed out that there were lots more mustangs where Capri came from, and I would be happy to gentle and train one just for him.  I sent him the link to the BLM's Oregon mustang page, and his eye went straight to the beautiful mare that he has named Belle.  I was very pleased with his choice, because I'd had my eye on her all year.

I am very, very happy that Belle is in my pen, but not nearly as happy as Dave is.  Have you ever seen the look on a little boy's face when he gets just the gift he wanted?  One that he's been hoping and praying for, for a long, long time?  Well, picture that look on the face of a six-foot-four cowboy in boots and a hat, and you've got Pastor Dave looking at Belle for the first time.  He is tickled!  Dave loves her conformation and her color.  He asked for my first impressions of her, and I assured him that Belle is calm, curious, smart, playful, and quite possibly mischievous.  She seems like the kind of horse, that, once broke, a person could just climb on and go without a worry in the world.  It's quite a journey that Dave is embarking on, and I am blessed to be his guide.  Thank you, Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment?