Thursday, July 7, 2011

Horrible Humans

Wild mustang that she is, Capri is naturally suspicious of me.  She takes it a step further, though, and expresses great horror when things happen between the two of us for the first time.  The first time I touched her neck while scratching her back with a lunge whip was horrible.  The first time she accidentally touched my hand with her lips while taking a bouquet of alfalfa from me was horrible.  When I picked up her rope and practiced pressure and release with her?  That wasn't so bad.  But when she saw me saddle River and climb on her back and ride her around the arena in front of her?  That was horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE!  Luckily, Capri is able to overcome her horror when these scary things happen for the second or third time.  She is actually coming along nicely, with new accomplishments every day.  Her wild days are numbered...

2 comments:

  1. Horrible! Let's add more horrible to her life, and bring her to the fair next month. Yes? No?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! Well, maybe. We'll see. How's that for an answer?

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment?