Tuesday, July 19, 2011

She Likes Me!

Capri welcomed me with a nicker today.  She saw me walk through the barn, and as I was heading toward the arena she made the happy sound that we all know means, "Hi, how ya doin', and would you mind throwing me some hay, please."  Yes, it was snack time, but today marked the 18th afternoon snack time, and the nicker was a first.  The nicker alone would've satisfied me, but Capri had more to give.  I carried her hay into her pen and set it down, then offered her a handful while scratching her neck.  I've been wanting her to relax enough to let me continue to scratch her neck while she eats freely from the pile, and today that is exactly what she did.  I've also been wanting her to let me get both of my hands on her at once, and she did that too.  But you know what I've really been wanting to do?  I've really been wanting to untie the string around her neck and remove her number tag.  And guess what?  She let me do that too!  Thanks Capri!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment?